We want to open as quickly as possible.
We miss our patrons. A library isn't a library without patrons inside.
But, it's complex. There's a lot to consider. In addition to the whole COVID thing, we're undergoing long-planned (and long-overdue) renovations that affect our space and what we can do there.
Here is a timeline with what we know, and a few things we don't know, so you can plan ahead:
As of June 26, 2020:
NOW UNTIL AUGUST 1,
- Patrons are not allowed inside. Sorry. You will see staff and construction workers coming and going, but nobody else can come in.
- Curbside pickup is continuing of reserved items.
- You can check out books and other media. You do this by reserving the item and then coming to get it after we tell you it is ready. You reserve an item by logging into your account at ccls.org or using the library app, searching for an item in the catalog, and clicking "Place a hold on this item" or "Request item". When your item is available for pickup, you will receive a notice including instructions on how to schedule the pickup time. Please come to the entrance on 5th avenue to pickup your item.
- Fees for DVDs, Audiobooks, etc. will be added to your account, and you can settle your account any time by going online to ccls.org, or you can settle it after we reopen.
- The book drop is open, so you can return books etc. All returned items will be held in quarantine for THREE days before being handled by library staff. In other words, if you return your book on Monday, it will not be scanned into the system until Thursday. The "returned date" will still be Monday, but it won't appear on your account until Thursday. Fines etc. will not accrue on those three days.
- The due dates for all materials that were checked out prior to March 14th have been extended to June 30th.
- Any library cards that have expired since March 14 or will expire before September 1 are being extended until September 1. This date may change.
- All materials that have a due date on or before June 30 are due June 30. Overdue items will start to accrue fines per our standard policy on July 1.
- All library cards that have expired since March 14 or will expire before September 1 are being extended until September 1. This date may change.