We are SOOOO excited to be working towards reopening the library!
Here is a timeline with what we know, and a few things we don't know, so you can plan ahead:
As of June 9, 2020:
- The book drop is open, so you can return books etc.
- The due dates for all materials that are currently checked out have been extended to June 30th.
- All returned items will be held in quarantine for THREE days before being handled by library staff. In other words, if you return your book on Monday, it will not be scanned into the system until Thursday. The "returned date" will still be Monday, but it won't appear on your account until Thursday. Fines etc. will not accrue on those two days.
- Any library cards that have expired since March or will expire before August 1 are being extended until August 1. This date may change.
- We will start offering curbside pickup of reserved library books and media.
- You can reserve an item by logging into your account at ccls.org or using the library app, searching for an item in the catalog, and clicking "Place a hold on this item" or "Request item".
- When the item is available for pickup, you will receive a notice including instructions on how to schedule the pickup.
- All materials that have a due date on or before June 30 are due June 30. Overdue items will start to accrue fines per our standard policy on June 30.
- All library cards that have expired since March or will expire before August 1 are being extended until August 1. This date may change.
- We don't know yet when the library will reopen.
- We believe that it will be when the county goes "Green", and we have no way of knowing when that will be. And, there are many other factors to consider, so our reopening may not be exactly when the county goes "Green".
- We may need to limit the number of patrons inside at a given time, and how long they can stay
- We may not be able to allow patrons access to all of the bookshelves. If so, staff will be available to get anything a patron requests.
- It's still very fluid as we figure out how to serve the community best. Stay tuned.